Friday, March 21, 2008

Puddles

I am in the kitchen on a phone call while the girls are playing in the family room. I end the call and hear Anna ask me, "Mommy, you not angry?" A little confused, I answer, "No, I'm not angry."

Now her voice has a little hint of anticipation in it. "You not angry about the milk?" Huh? I close my eyes and take a deep breath to prepare myself for what I may find in the family room. She continues: "It's like the puddles!"

I turn the corner, open my eyes and see Anna sitting on the floor shaking her sippy cup upside down so that milk drips out and soaks into the carpet. There are five "puddles" in a semi circle around her.

Rachel is standing by the television with a huge smile on her face, probably because she's realized that she is not the one getting in trouble for the moment. And given her behavior the last week or so, that actually is a small victory for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment