Thursday, March 06, 2008

Guilt Trip

Anna loves to remember things lately. "Mommy, 'member when I rode the pony? 'Member that?" Or maybe: "Mommy, 'member when I didn't listen and I went to time out?" Yeah, fun times. She actually shows a lot more insight into some of these incidents than I expect sometimes. "Mommy, I'm going to be a good girl and listen today so I don't go to time out."

Last night Anna had the type of meltdown only a toddler can summon. We still don't know what precipitated such a foul mood but she was whining and shrieking and throwing toys. After several warnings I had to reprimand her for the toy throwing, which of course escalated her fit into full-fledged tears.

This morning during breakfast Anna asked me, "Mommy? 'Member yesterday when you made me cry?"

No comments:

Post a Comment