Monday, July 06, 2009

I'm just going to say it

Man do I love this kid.



Anna's week-long soccer camp started today. On the way to the field she announced that her tummy was so excited and wondered aloud whether any of the other soccer kids would have pink socks. When we arrived she grabbed her ball and went flying down the hill toward her group, letting out an ecstatic shriek as she blew right by the line of teenage counselors waiting to greet her and headed straight for the group of kids at midfield getting started.



My big girl spent three hours running, dribbling, kicking and working in the occasional hug during water breaks. She did it all with a confidence and unbridled enthusiasm that just floored me.



We definitely got our money's worth with this one, the girl was completely worn out by the end of the morning.



At home she begged to keep on her cleats and spent a good hour showing her grandma what she learned. She can't wait to go back tomorrow. "I just love soccer, Mom!" she explains.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww what a big girl!! And how sweet is she? I'm so glad she is so enthusiastic about soccer. I will share Alex's first experience from last night on the board :rolleyes: LOL!

    I LOVE the pink socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!! I would love for Alex to get into Soccer! Most of the ones here though have the "Age 5 before Sept 1st" stupid rule.
    She is soooo cute in her pink socks!

    ReplyDelete