Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Self awareness

"Mommy," Rachel announced, "I'm the mommy and you are the kid, ok?"

Oh if only... but ok, I will play along. Besides, I see an opportunity here and decide to seize it.

"Mommmmmy," I call, "I'm hungry."
"Ok, what do you want?"
"I don't know. But I'm sooooo hungry. I want a snack right now!"
"Ok, I will get you a banana!" says Rachel.
"No! I don't want a banana. But I'm hungry and I want something right now."
"Um do you want some crackers?"
"No."
"Ok, I will make you dinner."
"No I don't want dinner, I want a snack. Now. Because I'm so hungry and it's taking you so long to get me my snack."

Suddenly Anna pops herself into my lap with a knowing smile. "Hey! Are you being ME?"

I certainly hope that admission is the first step to change when it comes to annoying unreasonable preschooler behavior. But I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment