Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Take Us Back In Time Tuesday - 8/25/09

This week's entry in Mrs. Schmitty's Take Us Back In Time Tuesday project is simultaneously one of my favorite pictures of all time and one of the worst photos ever taken of me.



This was taken November 16, 2005, the day after Rachel was born. An eleven-month-old Anna could not have possibly understood why Mommy went to work Monday morning and never picked her up. Tuesday afternoon, after 24 hours of trying to stop my premature labor, Rachel was born and taken to the NICU. On Wednesday I was finally out of bed and recovering from my second c-section in twelve months. By Wednesday evening I was still unshowered and in pain, my face still red and itchy from the medication in the spinal, but I needed my Anna. My mom brought her up to see me in her little red sleeper and I don't know who was happier to see whom. I couldn't hold her in my lap because of the incision but someone perched her on the arm of my chair so we could snuggle. In typical determined Anna fashion she wiggled herself around until she could assume her sleepy position - right thumb in mouth, left hand touching her hair. She still does this when she gets tired. I have a million pictures of her in this position, but this is by far my favorite.

If you would like to take part in this awesome project, the participation rules are here and the Mr. Linky link can be found here.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, after all of that you look great. And what a cutie you have there. None of my kids will sleep on me. They all want their beds or for me to let them lay on the floor. That's right they choose the floor over me. I want to snuggle and have a sleeper. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwwwww.... I love it. I think you look beautiful, in a way that only a brand new mommy can. And Anna, my little Kewpee doll, is as precious as always! I have pics from the fair last year with her sucking her thumb and twirling her hair... <3

    ReplyDelete