Friday, May 20, 2005

The Big Surprise

Ok so here is what happened: the hubby and I had a bit of a "birth control malfunction" on March 29th. We didn't realize until afterward. We were shocked, but given the fact that it took us well over a year to conceive Anna, we didn't really think that anything would come of it, even though it was smack dab in the middle of my cycle. So I start feeling a bit nauseous the following week, in the middle of the day, and I figure it's just stress. Four days before I am due for my period, I buy a three pack of the early detection pregnancy tests. I take one immediately and it comes back negative, so I feel better. Then Thursday, April 14th comes and and I am due and I don't get my period. So I take a second test while Dan gives Anna a bath. It comes back ... inconclusive. The second line appears, but it's very very faint. Dan sees it and asks - semi-panicked - what that means. I don't know. I take the last test and it's the same. The next day I buy those dummy-proof digital readout tests and I can't look at it. I ask Dan to look. He comes in from the yard, takes off his shoes, washes his hands, says hello to Anna and I am freaking out. He looks and says, "honey, you're pregnant." I burst into tears. Dan smiles and hugs me. Welcome, Baby Trojan.

No comments:

Post a Comment