Monday, April 07, 2008

Spring

Hark what is this I see? Warm weather and sunshine?


To celebrate this very late arrival of spring we took the girls for a walk on a nature trail at a local park. Needless to say they were more than happy to be in the wild.






A passing mother with her own gaggle of children gasped when she spotted us coming and asked me how on earth we tell them apart. I am never exactly sure what to say to the many strangers who think our girls are twins. Should I effectively lie (and answer the million questions Anna will have as soon as we get into the car: Mommy, what is twins? Are Rachel and Anna twins? et cetera, ad nauseum) or should I give people an answer that so often implies a little too much information about our sex life and birth control failures? Seriously, I've had people make comments. But that is a whole different post.

In the end, when I get the "how do you tell them apart" question I often just answer that Anna is taller and Rachel has more hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment